Education and Grants
The AFCEA NOVA Education and Grants Committee is responsible for promoting and fostering education in disciplines by providing educational incentives, opportunities, grants and assistance for people engaged in information management, communications and intelligence efforts and fostering excellence in education, particularly in “hard science” disciplines related to C4/IRM, including: outreach to high schools & teachers; outreach to local universities, professors, and departments; outreach to students; resource development; program development; establishment of grant-giving policies & procedures, community partnering and publicity.
We also coordinate educational programs with our Sub-Chapter at George Mason University (GMU).
The Education and Grants Committee leads in the following activities in a typical year:
- Northern Virginia Community College (NVCC) Pathway Grant
- AFCEA International Veterans Scholarship Grants
- GMU Foundation Grant
- Science Teaching Tools Grants
- AFECA International Education Foundation Grant
- Science Fair Awards
- One time grant request collection, evaluation, and award