5th Annual Warfighter Support IT Day - Technology Strengthening Warfighter Capabilities and Cyber Ops
Register for This Event
Please see below for walk-in prices.
Recognizing the need and overwhelming benefits of warfighter support, AFCEA NOVA is proud to host our 5th annual, information packed Warfighter Support IT Day. Our theme is Technology Strengthening Warfighter Capabilities and Cyber Ops.
This one-day conference will present an outstanding opportunity to hear from Defense organizations that are heavily engaged in providing vital combat IT and systems support to the warfighter. The program will showcase various Agencies and Commands acquiring and providing vital services to the warfighter to foster information dominance. Our speakers will address their various missions, requirements, challenges, strategies and potential procurements which will be of direct interest to the audience participants.
AFCEA NOVA Warfighter Support IT Day provides a great opportunity to hear and engage with senior DOD leaders as they share their insights into the current issues/priorities/philosophies/directives/goals that are driving warfighter support and implementations.You will learn:
- DOD priorities and who is driving those priorities?
- What industry opportunities are available to support new and innovative approaches to warfighter support?
- What types of solutions the DOD is looking for? What programs will be coming online in the next 18 months?
- What challenges the DOD faces in supporting the warfighter and how industry can help?
- How industry can continue to work with the DOD to ensure successful implementation of new information technologies and the ultimate battlefield success of the warfighter?
This IT Day will assist small businesses to better understand how they can be successful in the current environment, provide opportunities for sharing your capabilities and “networking” with both government and industry partners.Given today’s budget challenges and the ever-increasing pace of technological innovation, the 5th Annual AFCEA NOVA Warfighter Support IT Day provides a unique opportunity to:
- Hear the vision of key DOD leaders/decision makers and shape your organization’s pursuits over the next 12-18 months by identifying upcoming RFPs and new business opportunities
- Learn about the DOD’s major Warfighter Support programs, including detailed information on the components and interdependencies
- Network with industry colleagues and partners representing both prime-and sub-contractors
This is a must-attend conference for anyone starting or continuing to do business with Defense Department Agencies, Combatant Commands and other warfighting support organizations.
Warfighter Support IT Day Agenda
Mr. Michael Krieger
Deputy Chief Information Officer/G-6
Rear Admiral David Simpson
Vice Director, DISA
Dr. Edward M. Siomacco Deputy Chief of Staff for Corporate Information
Chief Information Officer
U.S. Army Materiel Command
CIO, Joint Improvised Explosive Device Defeat Organization (JIEDDO)
Comfort Break -- Networking & Booth Viewing
Small Business Networking Session
Honor WWII Veterans
Luncheon Keynote Address
Major General Mark Bowman
Director Command, Control, Communications and Computers (C4), Chief Information Officer, Joint Staff, J6/CIO
Comfort Break -- Networking and Booth Viewing
Chief Information Officer for the U.S. General Services Administration
Major General Robert E. Wheeler
Deputy CIO for C4 & Information Infrastructure Capabilities
Major General George J. Allen
Director, J-5, United States Cyber Command
Health IT Panel
James B. Peake, MD, LTG (Ret)
SVP at CGI Federal
Secretary of Veterans Affairs at Department of Veterans Affairs
The Surgeon General at United States Army
Barclay P. Butler, Ph. D.
Director of Interagency Program Office (IPO)
|Captain Michael Weiner
Director of Clinical Informatics at Interagency Program Office- IPO
|Ms. Susan Perez
Program Manager, Integrated Electronic Health Record (iEHR), DoD/VA Interagency Program Office
|Dr. Seong K. Mun, PhD
President of OSEHRA (Open Source Electronic Health Record Agency)
|Registration Type||Online Registration||Walk-In|
|Government / Active Military||$0.00||$0.00|